Twisted Colossus is a wooden-steel hybrid roller coaster located in the Screampunk District at Six Flags Magic Mountain. It opened on May 23, 2015, and was manufactured by Rocky Mountain Construction. The ride replaced Colossus, which closed on August 16, 2014.
End of Colossus
Construction of Twisted Colossus began soon after Colossus' closure. On September 8, a fire broke out on the ride's lift hill while workers were removing track, caused by welders. No one was injured. On April 29, Six Flags Magic Mountain announced on Twitter that the ride would open on May 23.
The opening ceremony of Twisted Colossus and the Screampunk District were held on May 21, with park president Bonnie Sherman Weber as speaker. Builders of the former Colossus were brought on stage to pull a lever, signaling the opening of the ride.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Niles, Robert (June 3, 2014). Six Flags Magic Mountain to close Colossus on August 16. Theme Park Insider. Retrieved on January 20, 2019.
- ↑ Martin, Hugo (August 15, 2014). Six Flags' Colossus wood roller coaster to close Saturday. Los Angeles Times. Retrieved on January 20, 2019.
- ↑ Lauren Raab; Veronica Rocha (September 8, 2014). Fire breaks out on Colossus roller coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Los Angeles Times. Retrieved on January 20, 2019.
- ↑ New roller coaster Twisted Colossus to open at Six Flags Magic Mountain on May 23. ABC30 Action News (May 1, 2015). Retrieved on January 20, 2019.
- Twisted Colossus on Wikipedia